Saturday, February 20, 2010

Impressed

Impressed - to affect deeply or strongly in mind or feelings

Today I was spending time putting together a new video for the song Impressed by Tedashii of Reach Records.
It takes some time putting these videos together, especially songs because you are constantly listening to the song over and over to make sure that the lyrics are in sync with the song for people to follow along.

However for me listening to this song over and over has benefited me greatly.

The chorus of the song goes like this...

How can you hear about this God dawg and not get impressed?
The one that gave the sky its height and the ocean its depth
The one that hung all of the planets plus the moon and the sun
And let you hear this song that you might commune with the Son

How amazing the creation is, and yet how often do we fail to thank Him for it? The song writer mentions Isaiah 6 in the interlude and in the second verse. In Isaiah's vision he see's the Lord. I like the Geneva translation notes for this, "God does not show himself to man in his majesty but according as man's capacity to comprehend him, that is, by visible signs as John the Baptist saw the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove."

S
o in the capacity that Isaiah could see the Lord his response in verse 5 is amazing...

And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"

Sadly many christians today are caught up in trying to "experience life now" and having their "best life now", that we aren't impressed with God. We need to depart from these teachings of motivational teachers and embrace the God of the Bible! We need biblical repentance and whether we are suffering or prospering may God get all the glory and may we above all things be impressed by Him!



0 comments:

Post a Comment